Friday, January 4, 2013

Fun for me, boring to read!

Friday, Jan. 4, 2013

This will be a boring day to read about.  But it was fun for me, so I want to keep a record of it!

Brad went to work at who knows what time.  Who knows because we were all sleeping.  I woke up at about 10:15, then laid in bed until 10:40!  The girls didn't get up until after 11.  Lazy day!  It felt pretty darn good.  We have been on the go for 3 weeks.

Karen called to see if we wanted to go to Ikea.  The girls were not feeling great and tired (read lazy) so I went without them.  Karen and kids picked me up and we met her friend Chris and kids in the restaurant.  Which is better than my Ikea at home, I swear.  They even sell Jaegerschnitzel but I don't know what that is. It looked like Wienerschnitzel, but who knows?  I had a cheesy tortellini dish and an ice cream cone :)

It was great to hang out and chat and reminded me of my coffee nights back home.  Karen and Chris just sent their kids off to wander around Ikea alone!  LOL this was kind of a theme of the day...me worrying about the kids and them laughing at me.  As parents, we all have different comfort levels about our kids being away from us.  But let me tell you that in Germany, there is no fear!  Over by the bathrooms, I saw 3 carts with little tiny kids sitting in them, alone, while the parents were in the bathrooms.  I have seen similar stuff all around.  It's not that they don't care, but there is just no reason for fear here.  We have way more creepy dudes in the US than they do here!  I keep saying I could never live in Germany...I am too protective of my kids!  All the neighbors would think I was weird.  (Which is true, I am.)

I went home for about 30 minutes, then back to the Erath's for dinner, because, really, they have adopted us and like to keep us well fed and entertained.  Who can argue with that?  We had chicken soup which was great and hung out, again.  We are even going back tomorrow.  They say it's because Udo is Brad's brother from another mother, but I think he just likes to hang out with me.  And make me yell at him for all the F bombs he drops :)

I will leave you with this: the only picture I took today.  A play place for your doggies at Ikea!!  Although I am sure they are welcome in the store.  Dogs go in any store and restaurant here in Germany.  I think this is a great thing and something the US should consider making a regular practice.

Isn't that so cute?

4 comments:

  1. You alluded to me! I feel famous now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are famous to me!!! I miss those Thursday nights! Keep March 7 open....

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this blog and updates on Facebook. Good to see your smiling faces even this far away.
    JAKE

    ReplyDelete